What a fun way to include your children in the cooking process – have them come up with some of their favorite toppings, and include them in the cooking process. They can tailor their tacos as they please, and will likely get a little experimental with some fun ingredients!
Start with some shell’s either hard or soft, depending on your liking, cook up some lean ground turkey meat with some spices, bake, then top off with your favorite toppings, and you’re in for an amazing meal!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- .5 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp of your preferred spices: cajun rub or a mixture of cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper
- 4 taco shells, or soft tacos
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- optional: shredded cheese of your liking, garnish of cilantro, lime wedges
1. Prep your ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F. Mince garlic, cube avocado, dice onion, shred cheese, pluck cilantro, cut lime wedges. Arrange taco shells on baking sheet.
2. Cook and season turkey. Add olive oil to your pan, sautee the garlic then add in your turkey. Sprinkle in your cajun rub or spice mix. Mix turkey meat in pan, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. Assemble your tacos. Distribute taco meat into taco shells. If you’re using cheese, add in as well. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until tacos have warmed up, and cheese has melted.
4. Finish. Remove tacos from oven, add toppings, garnish with cilantro and a splash of lime, then dig in!