We’re loving asparagus right now, and are putting it into everything we can think of. This spring we’re featuring a delicious recipe that is easy to make, and pleasing to the palate.
Here’s how to make a spring asparagus frittata with a few lovely additions. Feel free to include anything you think might work!
Prep Time: 7 minutes Total Time: 22 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 4 asparagus, bottoms snapped, rinsed, blanched, chopped
- 2 – 3 T goat cheese
- handful, sun dried tomatoes, reconstituted, chopped
- handful, fresh basil, rinsed and cut into chiffonade
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cast iron skillet (or oven proof skillet)
- Olive oil or canola oil spray
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F. Add warm/hot water to your sun dried tomatoes, let them soak until they soften. Steam the asparagus for ~4 minutes, until tender then shock in an ice water bath. Prep your asparagus, basil, chop your sun dried tomatoes, and whisk your eggs in a separate bowl. Add your asparagus into the egg bowl.
2. Cook: Over medium heat, spray canola/olive oil into your pan. Pour your egg mixture into the pan, then top it off with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Cook on the stove top for ~4 minutes, until the bottom has set. Sprinkle the basil chiffonade over the frittata, then place the pan into the oven. Cook for ~10 minutes, until the top has set.
3. Serve: Flip the pan, and drop the frittata on a cutting board. Cut into slices, season with salt and pepper, and serve!
Photo courtesy of Andres Rodriguez