Honestly, this soup might sound fancy, but it’s the most unfussy dish to make, and is filled with nutrients that will keep you looking and feeling great in fall.
Curry powder’s main star is turmeric, which is a well known anti-inflammatory, ginger helps stimulate circulation, coconut milk is high in B vitamins, helpful in providing energy to our cells, and butternut squash is packed with vitamin A, promoting skin cell turnover – keeping your skin looking radiant.
What’s not to love about these ingredients?
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 T curry
- 4 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- .5 T sea salt to taste
- cilantro & roasted pepitas for garnish
1. Prep: Peel, seed and chop your squash. Peel ginger. Add a steamer basket to a pot, and place in your squash pieces. Cover and let steam for 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
2. Process: In a food processor, add your cooked squash, ginger, coconut milk, curry, salt and blend until smooth. Taste, adding more spices or salt to your liking.
3. Plate: Divide up into bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro and pepitas for a beautiful visual pop.