Our cooking class students are excited to whip these up, and of course indulge in their goodness!
- 2 1/4 C oats
- 1 medium cooked beet
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 C rice milk
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1/2 C black beans
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil an 8×8 pan.
2) Cut beet into quarters and bring to a boil. Drain, allow to cool, peel, and chop into small pieces.
3) In food processor, blend oats, cocoa, salt, and baking powder until oats are blended into fine powder.
4) Add the rice milk, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Then add the beets and beans to form a thick batter. Add additional milk if needed to reach brownie consistency.
5) Mix in chocolate chips by hand and pour batter into pan.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes.