the camp experience
Butter Beans Food & Garden Summer Camp is a complete farm-to-table summer experience for city slickin’ kids ages 6-10.
Along the way we’ll explore the full spectrum of the food cycle through activities like planting seeds and harvesting fresh food, to cooking seasonal summer lunches, and writing our own cookbooks.
Throughout the summer, campers work together in “Top Chef” challenges to create inventive lunches and snacks, learn the tricks to great composting, have one on one sessions with local food experts, get hands on with chickens and worms, play in the park, and explore the wonderful, flavorful world of food!
- Ages: 6-10
- Dates: Two week sessions from July 7th – August 22nd
- Location: West 13th Street and 7th Avenue
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm with early-care and after-care available
- Transportation to and from camp available
- Included: Two camp t-shirts, Butter Beans water bottle, welcome bag, all meals and snacks, transportation to and from all field trips
Sample camp schedule:
Want to relive all of the fun we had last summer? Read our weekly recaps of camp on our blog: