But what if you don’t have any tortillas on hand?
Pull out some tortilla chips and make a taco salad!
Feel free to use beans vs. turkey, make your favorite salad dressing, and season with the right amount of spices to suit your palate.
You’ll have a delicious dinner in no time!
Prep Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- A few handfuls of arugula (or any lettuce you have)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 package of ground turkey
- 1 poblano pepper, diced (or bell pepper, add jalapeño if you want)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 t. cumin
- 1 t. cayenne
- 1 t. paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 lime (or your favorite salad dressing)
- Handful of cilantro
1. Prep: Place lettuce on plates. Dice pepper and onion, pluck cilantro leaves.
2. Cook: Add oil to a pan, sauté onions for 5-10 minutes then add in pepper, and cook until soft. Add turkey meat, and spices, salt and pepper. Let cook for 8-10 minutes.
3. Assemble: Place ground turkey mixture on top of your lettuce bed. Squeeze lime juice on the meat, or your favorite salad dressing. Top with crushed tortilla chips and cilantro.
PS: If you have avocado, tomatoes, or red onion on hand feel free to add!