Well, because it is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and mood boosting properties, and it makes us feel good – for so many reasons, including:
- Naturally occurring chemicals called Phenylethylamines stimulate neurotransmitters in the brain that are linked to positive emotions, such as joy and euphoria.
- Anandamide, which also stimulates neurotransmitters in the brain and makes us feel happier.
- Essential minerals that people are oftentimes deficient in: magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, manganese, chromium, and phosphorus.
We’re excited to spice up this Valentine’s day with a delicious recipe for cacao hearts that will put you in the best of moods!
Serves 10 pieces Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 T Cacao Butter
- 1 T Coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 t Honey (or more to taste)
- 2-3 T Cacao powder
- 1/4 t Vanilla extract
- Double boiler – or make your own
- 1 tray with about 10 small heart shaped molds or any molds you might have
1. Melt: Add cacao butter and coconut oil to your double boiler bowl. Whisk together and allow to melt. Add sea salt, honey, cacao powder, vanilla and whisk well.
2. Mold: Pour the chocolate mixture into your tray mold, and let it sit for 5 minutes. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, and remove it from the freezer 5-10 minutes before you plan on serving it. Enjoy!
Happy Valentines Day <3
Photo courtesy of Kyknoord