This spring we’re transforming our spears into a light and refreshing seasonal salsa!
You’ll be surprised at how delicious this recipe comes out, we promise.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 7 minutes
Serves 6-8 small portions
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and chopped (save the ends for soup stock)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced (seeds removed)
- Salt to taste
1) Mix: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well, and chill in your refrigerator (or eat right away).
2) Serve: Serve salsa with tortilla chips, over quesadillas, tacos, or chili!
Photo courtesy of Liz West