When you think of a July 4th meal, do you conjure up images of glazed BBQ chicken, juicy burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob with butter, ice cream, and soda?
On this July 4th, let’s think light, healthy and refreshing!
Switch up the usual fare for healthier alternatives like grilled chicken breast, turkey burgers or tofu/tempeh burgers, simple corn on the cob, grilled stone fruit, maybe a big green salad, and some homemade minty sun-tea!
Here’s how to make a refreshing sun-tea that will have your guests asking for more.
Prep Time: 3 minutes Total time: Time in the sun 3-8 hours
- Fresh mint leaves, two handfuls
- Water, enough to fill up your favorite pitcher
- 1-2 lemons, sliced
- Fresh stevia, optional (1 or 2 leaves), chopped
- 1 green tea bag, optional (if you desire some extra flavor)
1. Prep your ingredients: Rinse your mint leaves, rinse and slice lemon, rinse and chop stevia.
2. Assemble: Fill your favorite pitcher with filtered cold water, add mint leaves and optional stevia or green tea bag, then cover.
3. Let nature brew your tea: Place outside, on your windowsill, roof or yard. Let it brew out in the sun for a few hours. Once brewed place in your fridge to chill, or if you’d like it iced, add some in.
4. Serve: With lemon slices as garnish.
Sip and enjoy the fireworks, and toast to a lighter, healthier July 4th celebration!
Courtesy of thirtyseven