It gets such great reviews due to its versatility, and nutrition – high in beta carotene, vitamins A, C, iron, potassium, and calcium. Along with it’s comforting flavors to help warm you up on cold winter evenings.
This time we are transforming our kabocha into a delectable puree, as a perfect side dish to accompany your other dinner components, or maybe even for breakfast topped with some chopped nuts!
Pre Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 kabocha squash, diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. maple syrup
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
1. Prep: Rinse, cut squash in half, and remove all seeds, then dice your half into 2 inch thick pieces.
2. Cook: Add water to the bottom of a small pot, line with a steamer basket. Add squash, set heat to medium – high, cover and let cook for 15 minutes, until soft.
3. Blend: Add cooked squash to your food processor. Drizzle in olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Blend well, until pureed.
4. Serve: Scoop your puree onto your dinner plate, or breakfast bowl, top with a sprinkle of salt for dinner, and chopped nuts for breakfast. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy of wikioticsian