On this July 4th, let’s think light, healthy and refreshing!
Switch up the usual fare for healthier alternatives like grilled chicken breast, turkey burgers or tofu/tempeh burgers, simple corn on the cob, grilled stone fruit, maybe a big green salad, and some homemade minty sun-tea!
Here’s how to make a refreshing sun-tea that will have your guests asking for more.
Prep Time: 3 minutes Total time: Time in the sun 3-8 hours
- Fresh mint leaves, two handfuls
- Water, enough to fill up your favorite pitcher
- 1-2 lemons, sliced
- Fresh stevia, optional (1 or 2 leaves), chopped
- 1 green tea bag, optional (if you desire some extra flavor)
1. Prep your ingredients: Rinse your mint leaves, rinse and slice lemon, rinse and chop stevia.
2. Assemble: Fill your favorite pitcher with filtered cold water, add mint leaves and optional stevia or green tea bag, then cover.
3. Let nature brew your tea: Place outside, on your windowsill, roof or yard. Let it brew out in the sun for a few hours. Once brewed place in your fridge to chill, or if you’d like it iced, add some in.
4. Serve: With lemon slices as garnish.
Sip and enjoy the fireworks, and toast to a lighter, healthier July 4th celebration!
Courtesy of thirtyseven