Mushrooms cooked in this way really do taste like meat, if not better! The kale adds some beneficial nutrients, along with a beautiful green hue to the dish.
Feel free to use hard or soft shell tortillas, whatever floats your boat, and get creative adding in your favorite toppings like chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, avocado or salsa.
This recipe takes no time to make, a win for all!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 box of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
- sprinkle of chili powder, to your liking
- sprinkle of cayenne, to your liking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese, to your liking
- salt, to your liking
- corn tortilla shells (hard or soft, depending on your preference)
1) Prep: Rinse and chop your kale and mushrooms. Shred your cheese. Take out your spices. Preheat your oven (350) to warm your shells.
2) Cook: Place your shells on a sheet tray, and into your oven to warm. In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add your mushrooms, sprinkle on some salt and your spices and sauté until soft and brown, 5 minutes. Add kale and sauté until soft and bright green, 5 minutes.
3) Assemble: Evenly place your veggie filling into each taco shell. Finish each one with some shredded cheese and enjoy!
Photo courtesy of Steve Snodgrass