Tuna is a wonderful source of omega 3’s, but be weary as it also contains high levels of mercury, and is best eaten not too often.
• 1 can of tuna
• 1/3 of a fresh baguette or other bread
• 2 thin slices of cheddar cheese
• Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1. Prep your ingredients. Preheat your oven to 350F. Open tuna, drain out water or olive oil. Mash with a fork to loosen it up. Cut your baguette into two pieces, and cut up your cheese slices.
2. Assemble. On your open faced bread add tuna to each side – press down firmly for it to stay. Top with cheese. Place on a baking sheet and into your oven for 10-12 minutes.
3. Eat. Once cheese has melted, remove from the oven, and dinner/lunch is served!
Make it a more balanced meal by crafting a quick green salad, and enjoy!