Instead of rice, why not grab your quinoa and use it as the base for your stir fry, and add in some vegetables you wouldn’t normally mix together?
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: ~30-35 minutes
- 1 C quinoa
- 2 C water
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T tamari
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 4 kale stalks, leaves ripped into small pieces
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large egg
- handful of fresh/frozen peas
- sesame seeds
1. Cook: Add quinoa to a pot with water. Bring to a boil, then to a simmer for ~15-20 minutes. Turn heat off, cover and let sit.
2. Prep: Cut carrots, ginger, and rip kale. Take out a deep pan, wooden spoon and other ingredients.
3. Cook: Over medium-high heat add sesame oil to your pan, then add in your carrots. Turn down to medium, cover and let cook for ~5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in your ginger, then a dash of water, then your kale. Cover and let cook for ~5 minutes. Add in tamari, and your cooked quinoa, stir well. Turn the heat up a bit, and move all items to the side. Add in a bit more sesame oil, then drop in your egg and let it fry. Mix the egg into your mixture, then add in your peas. Stir until your peas are bright green.
4. Plate: Plate your quinoa stir fry, and garnish with sesame seeds, and dash of tamari if needed. Relish in the joys of getting out of your comfort zone!