While writing down your year’s goals and aspirations is a productive exercise, we sometimes lose track of the fact that we are wonderful just the way we are. Of course there are things that we can do better, and striving to change unproductive habits in the new year is useful, just try not to forget that your foundation and your life just the way it is right now is great in itself.
To honor self love, and acceptance we would like to share a simple and sweet new year’s recipe. All it takes is some squash, olive oil, salt and pure maple syrup. Nothing more, nothing less. Just perfect the way it is, like you!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Rinse your squash. Cut in half (work those arms!)
- Coat the inside and outside of squash with olive oil, then follow with a coating of maple syrup
- Finish with 1 pinch of salt
- Add halves to baking sheet, place squash upside down
- Let cook for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your squash
- Poke your squash with a knife to test doneness. Squash skin should be soft, and knife should poke through effortlessly
- Top with a maple syrup drizzle
Here’s to a simple, delicious and nutritious year to come!
Photo courtesy of Bongo Vongo