You can make a high end looking and tasting dessert with this easy recipe. Get ready to woo your family with your seasonal cooking skills!
Prep Time: 1 minute Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium stalks of fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 2 handfuls of frozen strawberries (or fresh if in season)
- 1/2 C water
- 1-2 T coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 squeeze of lemon or a dash of balsamic reduction
1) Prep: Rinse and chop your rhubarb into small pieces.
2) Cook: In a saucepan add all of your ingredients. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, mixing and smashing strawberries until mashed well.
3) Serve: Let compote cool. Add to the bottom of a small bowl, then layer with chocolate or vanilla ice cream, and top with a crumble of your favorite ginger cookie. Or eat all on its lonesome!
We hope you enjoy this seasonal treat!
Posted by Flora McKay, Director of Community & Nutrition
Photo courtesy of Patrice Beaulieu