Kale is a nutrient dense leafy green vegetable that has risen in popularity over recent years.
We serve kale to our communities sautéed in olive oil and garlic, and raw accompanied by our sesame dressing.
A nice bunch of kale might also be sitting in your crisper waiting to be eaten – but how to make it pop?
Create a vibrant dressing that will elevate your kale experience, and you’ll be much more inclined to not let it sit in your crisper for long next time!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch of dinosaur kale (or the kale that you have on hand), rinsed, leaves removed from stems
- 1 T miso paste
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 T lemon
- 1 T tamari
- 2 T sesame oil
- Ginger (or ginger powder), chopped, and to your liking
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 t wasabi
- 1 T maple syrup
- Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Prep: Rinse your kale, remove leaves from stems. Add water and a steamer to your pot. Take out your dressing ingredients, and a small jar with a lid.
2. Steam: Bring water to a boil, add your kale, cover for 5-10 minutes until it turns a vibrant dark green color.
3. Dress it up: While the kale is steaming make your dressing: Mix ingredients together in your jar. Whisk, and shake until well blended. Taste, adding in any additional ingredients that suits your tastebuds.
4. Serve: Place your vibrant kale onto your plate, drizzle with some miso dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and enjoy this heightened kale experience!