Nightly prep and cook steps for a smooth dinner experience
Monday night when you arrive home:
- Heat oven to 350 and place precooked chicken and tomato dishes in the oven. Heat until 150 to 160 degrees. Uncover chicken at the end if you want it to be browned. Vent the pans so heat gets in faster.
Tuesday night when you arrive home:
- Cook prepped yams for yam tacos according to the Yam and Black Bean Burritos recipe. Put ingredients on the table for everyone to compose their own burritos or put together in the kitchen and place on the plates to serve.
- Stir premade pico de gallo and add fresh cilantro and lime juice (as needed).
- Heat sauté pan on the stove with olive oil. If desired, add minced garlic to the oil. Add prepped greens and cook until wilted, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Keep covered while cooking and stirring frequently. Tongs work well for this stirring.
Wednesday night when you arrive home:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and reheat carrots until warm.
- Make macaroni and cheese according to instructions.
- Add salad and grape tomatoes to the dinner plates from the salad and tomato boxes and put dressing on the table.
- (For Thursday) Prep fish for the next night in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate.
Thursday night when you arrive home:
- Preheat oven to broil. Cook fish until flakey and done, approximately 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Serve from oven with lemon wedges.
- Make zucchini fries according to Parmesan Zucchini Fries Recipe.
- Add salad to plates and serve with dressing.
Thursday night before bed for Friday:
- Cook the tofu according to the Cornmeal Crusted Tofu recipe. Cool and cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Our family can eat 2 packages of tofu, so determine how much you cook based on your family’s appetite.
- (For Friday) Prep the vegetables for the quinoa dish according the directions in step 1.
- (For Friday) Wash and prep the swiss chard.
Friday night when you arrive home:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and reheat the tofu.
- Finish off the quinoa according to the Quinoa chard pilaf recipe.
*Note – This will take 30 to 40 minutes, so if you do not have this much time, you may need to substitute steamed broccoli and precooked brown rice for the quinoa dish.