Nightly prep and cook steps for a smooth dinner experience
Monday night when you arrive home:
- Prepare risotto according to recipe with prepped ingredients. Serve with black bean salad.
Tuesday night when you arrive home:
- Heat bulgar wheat in a pan or microwave and serve with Mediterranean Three Bean salad and a side green salad.
Wednesday night on your way home:
- Purchase fish on your way home for Thursday night so it is fresh.
Wednesday night when you arrive home:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and reheat taco meat until warm throughout. Serve with prepped toppings and taco shells.
- Heat up corn (we use frozen corn) and serve as a side.
- Add salad and grape tomatoes to the dinner plates from the salad and tomato boxes and put dressing on the table.
- (For Thursday) Prep fish for the next night in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate.
Thursday night when you arrive home:
- Preheat oven to broil. Cook fish until flakey and done, approximately 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Serve from oven with lemon wedges.
- Boil rice pasta and mix with olive oil or butter and serve on the side of the fish.
- Add salad to plates and serve with dressing.
Thursday night before bed for Friday:
- Make the zucchini lasagna according to the recipe.
Friday night when you arrive home:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and reheat the lasagna.