Nightly prep and cook steps for a smooth dinner experience
Monday night when you arrive home:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Gently open each fish foil and place a mix of matchstick shaped vegetables on top of each piece of fish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Fold the top and bottom edges of the foil together, then fold each side a few times so the fish is well contained in a packet. Place the foil packets side by side on a baking sheet and bake on the center rack for 12 to 18 minutes depending on the size of your fish. Gently check doneness by carefully opening one side of the foil.
- While sole is cooking – Heat up the rice with a little added water.
- Put the amount of kale your family will eat for salad in a mixing bowl. Pour some sesame dressing onto the kale. Use tongs or your hands to thoroughly mix in the dressing and massage the kale. (Tip – use latex gloves to be able to quickly use your hands to mix and keep your hands clean.) OR if doing regular salad, set the table and place salad from prewashed salad mix from the container on the plates and serve with your favorite salad dressing.
Tuesday night when you arrive home:
- Heat up the taco meat in the oven or on the stove top, whichever is easier. If in the oven, cover dish with foil so not to continue to cook.
- Pull out the taco shells and fixins’- pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sour cream.
Tuesday night prep for Wednesday:
- Make the frittata – Click here for Fritatta Recipe Options
- Cut up broccoli florets and put in a large cereal bowl. Cover and put in the fridge.
Wednesday night when you arrive home:
Heat up Decadent Frittata covered with foil in the oven at 325 degrees OR finish off the Frittata rustica. Preheat the broiler on your oven. Place a 10-inch oven safe skillet (preferably cast iron) on high heat. Pour a generous pool of olive oil in the center of the pan and add 1 tbsp of butter to the center of the oil. Spread so they evenly coat the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring continuously, until the eggs are almost set. Use a spatula to scrape the eggs from the bottom of the pan and incorporate into the mixture. Transfer the pan to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes, until the top is nicely browned. Remove from
- oven and let rest for about two minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Add about ¼ to ½ cup water to the broccoli – it should not be submerged, you just need the water to steam the broccoli. Wrap the bowl tightly with plastic wrap leaving a small vent and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Pour the water out of the vent, remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle with sea salt. Cooked to perfection. No microwave, you can do the same thing with a sauce pan and lid on the stove.
- Heat up bacon in microwave or oven.
- As you set the table, serve a small green salad on the plates with your favorite dressing.
Wednesday night prep for Thursday:
- Prep for the quinoa. – Chop 2 cups of white onions, 1 cup of red bell pepper, and make sure you have ½ cup of cilantro chopped ready go.
Thursday night when you arrive home:
- Cook the quinoa – Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil in a heavy, medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add prepped onions and peppers; sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of quinoa (rinsed and washed), 2 tsp chili powder, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp salt. Add 1½ cups of water; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until quinoa is almost tender (similar to the way you cook rice), about 15 minutes. Add the beans ¼ cup of cilantro; cook uncovered until heated through and liquid is fully absorbed, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with ¼ cilantro. Serve with crumbled cotija or feta cheese if desired – I highly recommend the feta!
Friday night when you arrive home:
- Bring water to boil and cook the ravioli.
- Heat the marinara sauce and toss with the cooked ravioli.
- While the water is boiling prepare garden salad with organic prewashed greens + your favorite crudité (cucumbers, carrots, grape tomatoes), raisins or craisins, diced fresh avocado (if you like it) and pour dressing ingredients right in to taste and toss – red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper