Sunday prep for the week
- Put the salmon in a shallow casserole lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up) and season with sea salt, ground pepper, and thin lemon slices. Cover and put in fridge.
- Cook 2 to 3 cups of brown rice and store covered in fridge.
- Cut chicken into cutlets
- Make the meatballs – mix the ground meat with ¾ cup of chopped onions, 1 clove of chopped garlic, ¼ cup chopped parsley, ½ cup of bread crumbs, sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 375 degrees on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean up) for 15 minutes or until cooked throughout, (160 degrees). Once cooked, let rest for 20 minutes to begin cooling. Transfer meatballs to a casserole dish and let cool completely uncovered in the fridge. After they are completely cold, cover in the fridge.
- Sear the tofu
Blot tofu with paper towels, pressing down to release moisture. Cut into bit sized cubes. Heat 2-3 T oil in a skillet with 1/2 tsp salt and cracked pepper, also in the skillet, on medium high heat. Give a quick stir and add tofu and let brown, turning occasionally until most sides are golden, about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with a generous pinch brown sugar, and cook for one more minute. Set aside.
- Wash and chop all the kale and put in a covered bowl.
- Chop 2 or 3 carrots and store covered in fridge.
- Prepare sesame dressing for kale salad and keep in fridge.
- Make the chili according to this Vegetable Chili Recipe – this will take some time; however, it makes enough to freeze for two more dinners