Sunday prep for the week
- Prepare the julienned vegetables – Cut the zucchini, squash, and 1 large or 2 small carrots into matchstick size pieces (How to julienne). Store the veggies in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Prepare the sole. Lightly grease three 12” pieces of aluminum foil with butter or canola oil. Place one piece of fish on each piece of foil and fold to gentle cover. Put in fridge stacked in a casserole dish.
- Cook 1.5 cups of brown or wild rice and store covered in fridge.
- Make the taco meat – Cook taco meat in a skillet until done. Add season packet and mix well. Transfer taco meat to a casserole dish and let cool completely uncovered in the fridge. After it is completely cold, cover in the fridge.
- Make the pico de gallo – Dice 2 cups ripened tomatoes, ½ cup of yellow onion, ¼ cup (or a little less to taste) of poblano pepper. Season with lime juice and salt. Chop cilantro to add on Tuesday. Store cilantro in a covered container lined with a slightly damp paper towel. (You will also need ½ cup of chopped cilantro on Thursday for the quinoa. Chopped cilantro can also be stored in the freezer.)
- Cook the bacon or veggie bacon and put in fridge wrapped in paper towels on a dish and covered with plastic wrap.
- Wash and chop all the kale and put in a covered bowl in the fridge.
- Prepare sesame dressing for kale salad and keep in fridge or continue to use leftover from last week if you still have some.