Sunday prep list for the week
- (For Monday) Bake the chicken legs – wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Rub olive oil on chicken pieces and coat your roasting pan/dish with the olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and put chicken on a plate. Tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Let chicken begin to cool and finish cooling in the refrigerator uncovered. When chicken is cold cover well with aluminum foil to be reheated quickly for dinner on Monday evening.
- (For Monday) Make the Tomato and Herb and White Beans according to the recipe. Cool and transfer to serving dish. Cover with aluminum foil when cold and put in refrigerator for Monday.
- (For Tuesday) Cut the yams into cubes for the burritos.
- (For Tuesday) Make the pico de gallo – Dice 2 cups ripened tomatoes, ½ cup of yellow onion, ¼ cup (or a little less to taste) of poblano pepper. Season with lime juice and salt. Chop cilantro to add on Tuesday. Store cilantro in a covered container lined with a slightly damp paper towel. (You will also need ½ cup of chopped cilantro on Thursday for the quinoa. Chopped cilantro can also be stored in the freezer.)
- (For Tuesday) Wash and prep choice of greens (collards, spinach, kale, etc.) for Tuesday night. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- (For Wednesday) Wash and cut slice carrots into coins. Toss with olive oil and kosher salt and place in baking dish. Bake in the oven until carrots are soft. Cool carrots and cover with aluminum foil to reheat for Wednesday. Store in refrigerator.